Heading Out

Seeking the winds that help to sail on Shakespeare's tide.

Sunday, July 10, 2005

We are all getting older

Just called England, after sending e-mails to ensure that all was well over there with those we know, after the bombings. Mum has had a series of falls, to the point that the home called the Engineer to let him know. Yet when I talked to her today all she complained about was that she was getting older - though she eventually admitted that they had had to call the paramedics in to help after one fall.

The Engineer cannot get up there just yet since his hip is still in repair and he is not allowed to drive that far for a couple more weeks. In my case I am at the point that I walk for 5 minutes, take a pill, and am fine for about three-and-a-half hours, and then I do it again. Makes for a restless night, but hopefully the bone cracker is back from his vacation tomorrow and can fix me up.

Just finished Newton's Wake by Ken Macleod, not really that easy to get into or keep track of, way too complicated a plot - ah, well. So its back to The Rover by Med Odom (and its sequels).

Still can't decide whether to decide to go tomorrow, but I think I will bring it up and see what happens.

2 Comments:

At 6:15 PM, Anonymous the Advocate said...

I were a bit confused when I read this, since I didn't think the home would have had the Engineer's number, and it seemed like an awfully long-distance call to make. Methinks perhaps the Traveller was the one you meant?

 
At 7:39 PM, Blogger Heading out said...

Alas, the sorrows of old age. Methinks I should put a little Cast of Characters list along the wall so that I could remember that it were indeed the Traveller.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com