Heading Out

Seeking the winds that help to sail on Shakespeare's tide.

Saturday, June 11, 2005

Almost a quiet day

So there I was, quietly finishing "Twilight in the Desert" which is a sort of a denoument of the Saudi promises to supply us all with all the oil we need for ever. Then the doorbell rang and it was the Prince Regent returning something borrowed. So he offers me a beer and off we trot to the local hostelry where we have a chat over said beer.

Now you should know that about 20-odd years ago I happened into a bar where our resident Tsar of the time was having a drink at a conference and that got me into a very interesting project. But there were a number of times I wished that I had stayed sober than night. So anyway I did make some comments about life, the universe, and how the world will probably change absolutely in about eighteen months. Just minor chit chat you understand.

So now I have to decide if I should let the matter drop or do the full court press thing and send a memo explaining what should be done etc etc. Or I could remember that I was seriously intending to step back and start the slow reduction of work that will lead to my retirement in the non-too distant future.

We were supposed to do a community service project today, but only 3 of us showed up with a minimum of 8 being needed, so after an early breakfast, and a hard look at the sky we all went back home and I fell asleep for a couple of hours.

The back is still not quite back in business, though it is close, and so I am starting to exercise again, but relatively gentle tapes so far. Would that I had time for the memes that tempt, but for just a wee while longer there are things that must be done.

I would recomment the Alma Alexander books "The Hidden Queen" and "Changer of Days" both were enjoyable, and the series this time was not too long or drawn out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com