Heading Out

Seeking the winds that help to sail on Shakespeare's tide.

Thursday, May 12, 2005

Home tomorrow

I can tell when I have irritated someone in the office. When I go to look at my airline tickets I am either leaving at 5 am or getting in after midnight. Such is the flight tomorrow - wonder what I did?

Things here have been kinda odd, the most interest in both my paper and our exhibit came from abroad - and both delegations came and talked several times. I began to wonder if I was supposed to do something to offer our services, but did not.

The paper was the usual meander to the remaining stalwarts, and did not evict much interest at the time, but led to conversations afterward that went on a fair while (to the tune that I lost where the purported dinner group went to). On the other hand I did still get a group chuckle with the old opening (about 15 years old) and it flowed well to make the end point. And it will lead to a couple of visits to our place later in the summer. And at lunch I sat with a table of strangers and the guy on my right introduced me to the table - which was embarassing since I had no clue who he was.

Would that the call to the office had gone as well, it took 3 calls to get some movement on our Canadian work. Maybe that's why the late plane ?

The problem with putting Russian CD's on your iPod is that you have no clue what the songs are or what group until the song starts to play, but it makes for more amusing background music. Wonder if I should cash my chips in or play a little before I leave?

2 Comments:

At 12:49 AM, Blogger ~profgrrrrl~ said...

If you lived in G'ville, those flights would be the sad, sad norm.

Looks like we've both got an early one tomorrow ...

 
At 10:53 AM, Blogger Heading out said...

No, this time it was late, I got home at 2 am - what joy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com