Heading Out

Seeking the winds that help to sail on Shakespeare's tide.

Sunday, April 24, 2005

You're Number Three

In talking to Mum today she began by asking about my hip, which apart from a trick habit of occasionally twinging and a couple of unanticipated collapses when I've stood, afer sitting too long, hasn't really been much bother. Well she had her hip replaced (privately) in the UK about a couple of years ago. Now she tells me that the Traveller will get his done (also privately) on May 9th. So she expects I will be third. I must see what can be done to postpone that as long as possible.

The reason that I mention the privately is that in both cases had they gone the the British National Health there would be for her no relief (she was too old and had had a stroke) while for him the wait is about 18 months to 2 years. The joys of heredity.

I am currently re-reading the "Ender's Shadow" series by Scott Card again, so that I can bring myself up to speed to read the latest one. I think that they started out a bit better than the original "Ender's Game" series but the standard is not really holding up.

In the passing of the season I am also putting away the tape transfer system until next winter. I cleared one drawer (with three left) so there was some progress, but there are too many other things to do in the summer.

I'm still pondering about the memo - I have to write it tomorrow or it becomes a non-issue and irrelevant for this year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com