Heading Out

Seeking the winds that help to sail on Shakespeare's tide.

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Travelling Light

Sorry, couldn't resist, but it is one of the Cliff Richard songs that burned a hole into my head while at school.

It is the generally considered opinion of my friends, family and co-workers that I go sort of nuts in the 24 hours before I fly overseas. Well we're there, so I guess I had better shut up. (As in the twins from the Victorian - or was it Edwardian - House). In which vein I wonder if there will be a 49-up ere long.

As you can see, all those opinions can't be wrong. But in company of Jimbo and Dr.C, not to mention Mel and Dr B's input I have done a little for the academy today myself, and finally got the revised paper uploaded and off in final form. Doesn't it make our Victorian hearts proud that one of my colleagues took the electronically revised copy from two earlier sets of electronic inputs, printed it and sent me his corrections meticulously and editorially accurately marked in with a fountain pen.

By tradition we go out to eat steak tonight,since I try and eat local food wherever I end up. And since I am going home to English breakfasts and things it's probably an indulgence, especially with the rude note from the medic, but life is how you live it.

Depending on where I come to rest there may or may not be more of this in the next week, if not sleep well, smell the roses and enjoy the last relatively carefree summer of your life.

1 Comments:

At 10:15 PM, Blogger bitchphd said...

Yes! Congrats, and good for you.

Hope you enjoyed the steak :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com