Heading Out

Seeking the winds that help to sail on Shakespeare's tide.

Friday, April 15, 2005

The joys of English Pubbery

After leaving the North I have come to visit Friends, and must be nice since they comprise 60% of those who know my real identity. I stopped off on the way at the Marriott Marble Arch, initially with plans to meet up with relatives or friends, but the whole hotel experience there was in the end not pleasant, and thus I left earlier than planned to come down here to the relative quiet of Marlow.

By wandering around with the camera I can pretend I am working at getting textures for castles and buildings in Strata. And to justify it I can show the picture from below (the roof texture of which was pinched from a barn outside of town). But it is really just a time to escape, and to pretend to smell the buttoned-down roses.

Mainly however we reminisce, drink the local beers, of which there are many. I also listen to his sound recordings, going back to WWII. It is probably going to be wise not to blog too much, given our afternoon activity. So we may be on hiatus now for about three days (Grin).

1 Comments:

At 11:59 AM, Blogger bitchphd said...

What, no drunk blogging for us? When you're wandering around pubs in the spring? No fair!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com