Heading Out

Seeking the winds that help to sail on Shakespeare's tide.

Sunday, October 10, 2004

Image from Youth

Frogs and Ravens discusses how she imagines she will look at the other end of her career. Hee! Well from one of those who is . . . . Remember this was back before the days of trimness, and fitness when I got the image of being a Pickwick. The sort of avuncular image was quite appealing, with the vague absent-mindedness and the slightly disarrayed garb.

So, as they say, here I are. Not quite that stout, wearing multifocal rather than thin reading glasses (though I had a set once) and somewhat crumpled, and definitely absent-minded. More aloof than I would have liked to be and perhaps not as kindly as my early image of myself. Oh, and a little more hair than the good gentleman.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com