Heading Out

Seeking the winds that help to sail on Shakespeare's tide.

Thursday, October 28, 2004

Halloween Party etc

Since I will be out of town at a meeting tomorrow we had our Party this afternoon. The Actress came (we provided some of the food and she brought it) and was the only person there in costume (one of the Stooges), which cheered up an initially bland afternoon. One of the students was remarking that all politicians are the same, and the evils of the Clinton years but it was interesting that no-one else in the room, and there were a fair number, did anything but let him finish his rant and then changed the subject.

Well we had our meeting and made our recommendation and it went very well given the rancor from a couple of the members ahead of time (the debate about who holds the dossiers). In fact, apart from the fact that I miscopied the data onto the white board, it could not have gone smoother. It was pointedly mentioned by the Dauphin that one of the candidates was almost poached last year, so I sent him the invitation that I received earlier this month for the position elsewhere (to make the point that at this level they are not that uncommon). (I also did not tell him that concurrently I was sending a letter withdrawing my name since, as I put it "I am too near the end"). In reality I do not have the energy to build another effort for five years somewhere else, especially since, depending how in love I fall with my new toy, I may be heading out in the non-too-distant future to do the "rest of my life" scenario.

Our meeting on the other position will be at 7:30 on Monday morning and then we have candidates for the Duchess's position coming in starting next week. I worry about some of the candidates that we have ended up with, but also realize that it might not be that much of my problem, but then with a new Tsar as well who can tell? I think I may stick around just a little longer to see how it will play out - or is that really an excuse to myself ?

3 Comments:

At 11:59 PM, Blogger kalisekj said...

Hey, I have enjoyed...your blog is informative - even entertaining.

I have a halloween sites. They pretty much covers costumes and masks related stuff.

Thanks again and I'll be sure to bookmark you.

 
At 5:12 AM, Blogger Connor Wilson said...

Every year my son Dylan and I have been building our Halloween animatronic display. This year we added 12 new figures and my wife had been making the clothes etc. but then I clued in that Halloween Costumes were the ideal solution - ya, ok I'm slow but...This year is really cool because we've done an HP Lovecraft display that I'm sure he'd appreciate but I'm not so sure he'd approve of this - The Necronomicon - Is it just me or is that just plain goofy ? Anyway, everybody is doing their own Haunted House thing now but hey - it's fun and if you've got kids I really suggest you try it yourself if you haven't already. It's a nice change from the usual Christmas Lights routine and a lot of scaaarrry fun. Happy Halloween everybody.

 
At 10:45 PM, Blogger Antonio Hicks said...

I was just browsing various blogs as I was doing a search on the word halloween, and I just wanted to say that I really like what you've done with your blog, even though it wasn't particularly related to what I searched for. I appreciate your postings, and your blog is a good example of how a blog should be done. I've only just recently started a Posters website - feel free to visit it when you get a chance if you wish. Much success, antonio.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com