Heading Out

Seeking the winds that help to sail on Shakespeare's tide.

Tuesday, August 31, 2004

To quote the cat

Well we're not going to have much time to settle into the semester until the second week in October - quelle joie. And so today was spent trying to stay afloat. In his infinite wisdom the Prince Regent is having everyone justify their budgets again - weren't we here last year ? It is getting somewhat dispiriting to realise that it is always going to be "what have you done for me since breakfast ?" The infighting as to who gets credit for what is foolish and divisive, but at least it is being kept, to some degree, from the faculty in general. Unfortunately I can only see it getting worse. We bring a national leader to the campus and after he has been here a week tell him he has to find half his salary after the end of this semester ! Utter Madness.

Back at the office finally got the last presentation off to Europe, where it arrived OK, copied the paper for Brazil, and told those concerned that we might get an extension on the Boston work. In the delay in purchasing the large toy the price went up $20,000 - and where the . . . . am I supposed to find that ? On the other hand the problem that we were trying to work around with the Ohio work seems to have been solved by someone in California - its just that the price for the system is just the other side of incredibly outrageous. Lets say they added more than a zero to what we might think a decent price - except that, apart from us, I don't think anyone else knows how it works. But, Yikes that's high. Hmm, I wonder how little of it I can get by with getting. Went down to finish the piece for Development, and well let's just say that it looks a little more artistic than originally intended. (That's what you get when you try and show off in front of a class). Arranged to meet the Pole at Frankfurt station on Sunday to see if we can find the hotel together.

Came home and switched on the TV as the Distinguished Majority Leader of the US Senate began to speak. Heard choking noises and the cat threw up all over the carpet. "Nuff said. (Since I had to clean it up). The Actress, normally almost totally non-political just got sworn in as someone who can register folk to vote, prior to going to a rally when I am out of town. Even the new Milladoiro (O Nino do Sol) is not helping with the headache after upgrading lectures to the gentle tones of the Convention.

13 Comments:

At 1:03 AM, Blogger obstreperous_girl said...

That's funny, my cat urinated on the carpet for the first time ever last night while the tv was on. The cats are rising up in revolt.

Or,


strange coincidence.

 
At 11:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I just came across your blog about **keyword** and wanted to drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with the information you have posted here. I also have a web site & blog about link penny stock suggest so I know what I'm talking about when I say your site is top-notch! Keep up the great work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here!"

 
At 2:03 AM, Blogger Dave said...

This is a great article... I really appreciate it! ##KEYWORD##

 
At 10:18 AM, Blogger PolarTrader said...

I found a new article health submit. Post your Articles, Get Free Content. article health submit

 
At 6:37 AM, Blogger gastips said...

Nice Blog! Its great how useful the internet can be with its wealth of information. I will try and visit you blog on a regular basis to help you out.

If you want any Gas Saving Tips feel free to visit why are gas prices so high

See ya soon.. :)

 
At 5:56 AM, Blogger Kim said...

Hey, I came by actually looking for a specific blog but got yours instead. However, you seem to have a great blog here!

I have a submit article to magazine site. It pretty much is about submit article to magazine .

Come and take a look if you get time :-)

 
At 9:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

San Diego is having a Hot Rod Halloween on Sunday, October 30. If you love chevy show truck then you will want to be there! All kinds of chevy show truck will be in attendance. For more information go to chevy show truck
See Ya There!!

 
At 9:46 PM, Blogger plasticdoc said...

Hi:, Just came across your blog. Intersting post and good looking site. I'm definitely going to visit again! I recently set up a new website just about San Diego dentists There are a lot of interesting dental articles. We will also feature Tijuana dentists If you have the time, please stop by and let us know how we can improve the site. Bob

 
At 2:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stock Alert - FPPL On The Rise!

 
At 6:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

personals webcam
adult personal ads
free personal ads
personal ads with photos
adult personals

 
At 9:57 AM, Blogger Kim said...

My, My. Wonderful post. I like it.

I have a article submission site product site. It is an informative article submission site source.

 
At 4:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ezine ads free posting

 
At 7:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

adult dating free

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com