Heading Out

Seeking the winds that help to sail on Shakespeare's tide.

Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Missing the Olympics

This is the first year that it seems we have no great interest in the Olympics - and I have no idea why not. Apart from the Opening, that I watched alone. we haven't watched any. It may be just that there is so much else going on, or there wasn't enough hype, but so far tonight I just blogged around, will now read a bit and then bed. In curiosity I switch on the TV and lo there is a feature on Chaco Canyon - sorry Greece. They are using 3-D modelling well, and I need to get back to doing it again.

We will find out how the current political clime is shaking out after a meeting tomorrow, but since we have to get ready for the course on Thursday (plus I need to mail our presentations tomorrow) I think I will miss the meeting (another negative - tsk!).

2 Comments:

At 12:14 PM, Blogger anbruch said...

I agree completely, and had been thinking about blogging about this. In fact, I haven't watched a minute of the Olympics and have only scanned the articles in the paper. I'm just not interested. I can't decide whether that has to do with being uncomfortable with any displays of American jingoism at the moment or my complete disappointment over the coverage last time, where TV seemed intent on showing anything but the sporting events (unless an American won). I just felt like I couldn't deal with it.

jwb

 
At 7:34 PM, Blogger Heading out said...

We are not alone, I have chatted about this at the office, and we can all remember, in the past watching many of the competitions. It seems that almost no-one in the group has been watching almost any of it;. The Shot Putt got a few of us to watch (because of the venue) but while I can remember the whole family watching gymnasics in the past, I don't know anyone that did this time

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com